Friday, June 16, 2006

Google AdWords Ad Scheduling

Google AdWords introduced a new interface that allows advertisers to choose when you want your PPC ads to display. With ad scheduling, you can choose the hours and days your ads will run: 9-5 weekdays, Saturday evenings, or whenever business is hottest.

I keep all of the leads from my web site in a special email folder. With a quick scan, I saw that none of the leads that have came in over the weekend have converted into clients. Most are one-person, part-time companies who can't afford the services of a professional SEO firm. I also saw that I received virtually no leads before 8:00 AM or after 7:00 PM (my ads are only showing in the U.S). Based on these pieces of information, I choose to only show my ads M-F during normal business hours.

If you’re consistently hitting your target budget every day, you should strongly consider ad scheduling. When you hit your budget every day, Google only shows your ads sporadically throughout the day. Through ad scheduling, you can specify that you’d prefer to have them show during normal business hours, for example, instead of in the middle of the night.

Of course, depending on your product or service, the middle of the night may be the perfect time for your ad. (Insert your own joke here.)

Need help setting up ad scheduling? Let me know…

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Anonymous user experience map said...

You are describing a real and energetic way to get conversions! Congratulation! Even if there are are some freaks, you have a good blog here. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home